Thursday, June 3, 2010

CSA Week 1 Haul


I got out of work in time to pick up our first week's share today.  I think this duty will usually fall on the good people I am splitting my share with.  Everything was gorgeous, as I hope you can tell from the photo above.  Clockwise from the top left, we got: romaine lettuce, spinach, bibb lettuce, spring onions, oregano, garlic scapes, strawberries, a basil plant, radishes, arugula, and more strawberries.

Snap observations:

  1. These strawberries are some of the best I've ever had, and I hope they don't actually need to be washed because we didn't wait to start eating them.
  2. Garlic scapes are really cool looking.  
  3. This is the biggest head of romaine lettuce I have seen in my life.  See my gf, Meghan, modeling the lettuce below.

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog and will read it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I live in the Midwest and do not participate in a CSA program, I too will read this blog regularly. I shop on a twice weekly basis at the Ann Arbor Farmer's Market, love to cook - especially using local and seasonal offerings and BTW, I am your mom!

    ReplyDelete