Sunday, June 27, 2010

CSA Week 4 Haul

I didn't manage to get a shot of what we got last week up, but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss week 4.  As best as I can tell, we are past lettuce season and heading into summer produce.  Here is this week's haul:

Roughly, from left to right, we got: cucumbers, beets with greens, rainbow swiss chard, blueberries, summer squash (including pattypan), peaches, english peas, dill, basil, zucchini, some yellow squash (not sure what kind), broccoli, cauliflower, and spring onions.  We kept the chard and basil and gave the beets and dill to our friends that we're splitting the CSA with.  Everything else we split down the middle.

I'd say this is probably the most impressive week of produce yet.  I've already used the chard (recipe to follow), and I just roasted the broccoli with a little parm on top.  The blueberries are great, and I'm looking forward to having them on top of some homemade ice cream... Meghan got me an ice cream maker as an anniversary present, so I can see a lot of fruit this summer going on top of or in ice cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment